Woah!, this seems neat
A downloadable tool for Windows
What is PolyOne3?
It's an editor for maps/levels of all kinds, originally started as a tool for a specific game but its great potential was later realised. The unique part about PolyOne is that you have complete control over all geometry right down to the individual vertices, while the tools and user interface are designed to streamline the process.
PolyOne is still in development, and has already been used for the creation of things outside of its original scope, including 3D game content, getting textures out of photos, and tabletop RPG maps.
Eventually a Pro version will be released, which will be paid in order to support continued development. Not all of the planned features will be available in the Pro version at launch, but the updates will be free once purchased.
PolyOne has been tested on Windows 7 and 10 only. It may be compatible with Linux but this has not been tested, and some feature may not work as intended.
You may need to download 7zip or WinRAR to extract the files.
Controls quick reference:
- Scroll the canvas - WASD, hold shift to speed up at higher zoom levels
- Zoom in/out - scrollwheel up/down
- Increase/decrease grid size - left & right square brackets - [ and ]
- Close the application - Esc: a prompt will come up asking for confirmation
- Change current tool - numbers 0-5
- Copy rectangular selection - Ctrl+C
- Paste rectangular selection - Ctrl+V
- Fix texture alignment - T
- Toggle 0/90 degree texture rotation - R
- v0.3.4.6 UpdateOct 29, 2020